ICO Registration no A8759161
Please read the following carefully to understand how I will treat and regard your personal data in compliance with the GDPR and my insurers Towergate Insurance. I am more than happy to discuss any questions you may have.
A. HOW I GATHER YOUR INFORMATION
1. Information that you provide by emailing me via my website www.ancoracounselling.co.uk, BACP Find a Therapist, RSCPP website or by phone to request further information about my psychotherapy or supervision service.
2. If you contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone or text on 07910373809; records of the correspondence may be kept.
3. The paper first contact and consent form filled out by you.
4. Periodically brief notes kept.
5. Occasionally, we may agree to use communications software FaceTime, WhatsApp video, Skype, Microscoft Teams, Zoom. This software has a facility to record sessions which I will not use.
B. WHERE I STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal data that I collect from you via any form of contact by email or phone will be kept securely.
2. The hand-written assessment form, with your contact details on, is kept securely within a lock-up cabinet and is kept separate from brief content notes which are anonymised.
3. Your phone number will be stored on my phone for the duration of our work. My phone is secure and accessible via my individual touch id only.
4. Your payment name will be visible on bank statements.
C. USES OF THE INFORMATION
1. I use your contact details to allow me to provide you with information of the service that you request from me; to allow you to tell me about changes in your availability, if you choose to do so, and to notify you about changes to my availability.
2. I will use the information you have provided me with to advise of a change of medium for therapy or any other Covid related updates.
3. I use the brief content notes to carry out my obligation arising from the agreement entered into between you and me. As part of my commitment to providing a professional service, I attend supervision regularly. This is bound by a confidentiality contract and furthermore to protect your identity I use your first name only.
D. HOW LONG I KEEP YOUR NOTES FOR
1. I will retain your contact details and brief sessions notes for as long as we are working together and up to a year after we end in case you decide to return to therapy with me. If, for some reason I intend to keep your information for longer I will discuss this with you and let you know.
2. All contact details will be deleted from my phone, the paper assessment form will be shredded and the computerised session notes removed, securely.
3. All text messages from you are deleted after I have read and acted on your request.
E. YOUR RIGHTS
1. You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that I hold. All requests have a month to be carried out.
2. You are able to discuss this policy with me at any point during our work.
F. IN THE EVENT OF A DATA BREACH
1. I have a legal obligation to report a data breach to you and the INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE (ICO) within 72 hours.
G. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. In the event of my incapacity or death your personal contact information will be disclosed to my clinical executor who will contact you.
2. If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. For example, if I am subpoenaed to court, or as a legal requirement such as safeguarding children or vulnerable adults, terrorism or money laundering.